Tuesday, 23 October 2012

2nd Day Predictions

Wednesday's Order of Play:-

Williams vs Li- Serena has already got one win under her belt and shaken the rust, whilst Li hasn't played since Beijing, so that goes in Serena's favour. Serena also leads the head to head 5-1, but that one loss came indoors in Stuttgart 2008, so that might give Li some confidence, especially when she's pushed Serena to at least 5-5 in all 5 matches she's lost. This is Li's 2nd championships, but like last year, she could struggle and I still feel Serena will win, but it could be closer than the Kerber match.

Azarenka vs Kerber- Azarenka hasn't lost since the US Open, 13 matches and 2 titles in total. However, Kerber has already played a match and shaken the rust off. Azarenka leads the head to head 2-0, both meetings coming this year and being straight sets wins and is now appearing in her 4th straight championships. I'm going to stick by rock solid Azarenka in this one and predict she'll edge it.

Sharapova vs Radwanska- As both of these two have already played and won a match at the Champs, they will both feel confident in their group. Sharapova leads the head to head 7-2, but the last one went unexpectedly in Radwanska's favour in Miami. Radwanska can't be underestimated and I think she could do some damage here, but I'm going to hedge my bets with Sharapova pulling through, maybe in 3 sets.

I did well yesterday in my predictions, so let's hope I do the same here!

No comments:

Post a Comment